San Angelo ISD has opened a second window for current San Angelo ISD students to complete a transfer application for the 2021-2022 school year. Transfer applications will be accepted from July 19, 2021 through July 30, 2021. No new applications for transfers will be accepted after July 30, 2021.
All current transfer students (those currently enrolled at a school outside of their designated attendance zone) and students requesting a new transfer must complete a transfer application each year. Transfers are not guaranteed and are good for one school year only.
Please note that if you completed a transfer application during the Spring 2021 application window, you do not need to complete a new application at this time.
Transfer Application Timeline
- July 19, 2021 - Date to begin accepting transfer applications (second window)
- July 30, 2021 - Final Deadline to accept Transfer Applications. All transfer applications must be received by this date.
- August 6, 2021 - All Applicants will be notified by email of Approval/Denial/Placed on Hold status of Transfer Application no later than this date.
Please review the following information regarding the student transfer application process for the 2021-2022 school year.
In-District and New Student Transfers
- An In‐District transfer is defined as a student that is living in the SAISD boundaries but would like to attend an SAISD campus other than the school in his/her attendance zone.
- A new student transfer is defined as a student that lives in the SAISD boundaries but does not have a student ID (new to the district or incoming kindergarten students).
- All in‐district and new student transfer applications will be submitted through an online process.
- A student’s ID Number will be required in order to complete the electronic online transfer application for in‐district transfers. If you do not know your student’s ID number, please contact your child’s school to get that information.
- New students (including kindergarten students) must first complete the registration process through your home campus and obtain a student ID in order to complete the transfer application online.
- NOTE: If you live outside the district but you are currently on a transfer to SAISD (have student ID number), you will complete the electronic in‐district transfer application.
- An Out‐of‐District transfer is defined as a student that does not live in the SAISD boundaries.
- Out-of-District transfer applications are accepted year round.
- All new out-of-district transfer applications will require a paper application.
- Applications can be emailed to you, downloaded online, or picked up in the SAISD Student Services office located in the SAISD Administration Building at 1621 University Avenue during the application window.
- All parents/guardians requesting an out-of-district transfer will be required to email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or hand deliver the completed application to the SAISD Student Services office.
- Click here to download or print an "Out-of-District Student Transfer Application." This pdf application can be filled out using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader and then submitted by email or printed and completed by hand.
For more information regarding the student transfer process, click here or contact the Director of Student Services at 325-947-3838, ext. 171.
In San Angelo ISD, we believe students receive a quality education regardless of the SAISD campus they attend but also understand there are times when parents desire for their child to attend a school other than the campus of their attendance zone for various reasons. We look forward to working with our families and students to provide a successful educational experience.